CSPeD Practice Management Talk
The Life and Times of a Dental Practice from a Legal Tax Perspective
Audience: Dentists, Students & Residents, Dental Auxiliaries & Dental Office Staff
During this session, the presenter will discuss legal and tax issues you should consider when forming or purchasing a dental practice, operating a dental practice and eventually selling a dental practice.
The following points as well as other legal and tax considerations will be covered:
- Should you form a practice as an S corporation?
- What if you have partners?
- How do you operate your practice in a manner that is tax efficient and minimizes risk?
- How do you hire, retain and terminate employees in a legally compliant manner?
- Should you buy or lease office space?
- When you’re ready, how do you sell your practice?
Raj Tanden, JD is a partner and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP, where he represents clients in corporate and tax matters across a broad spectrum of domestic and cross-border transactions.